They don't want you to call it a 'theme park'. But if you're one of the foodies around the world who love the wildly popular, Eataly franchises, the field-to-fork destination that has opened near Bologna, Italy is the culinary 'theme park' of your dreams.
The Eataly phenomenon has been described as a premium Italian grocery store 'with tasting rooms'. You shop, you eat, you love; authentic, from-the-source Italian food and food products. When it launched in New York City, there were lineups around the block, and it's still packed. There are dozens of other Eataly outlets worldwide, including a dining venue on the MSC Divina at sea.
FICO Eataly World outside Italy's culinary capital of Bologna is a whole new level of interactive culinary experience. FICO stands for Fabbrica Italiana Contadina - Italian Farming Factory. It's the culmination of Eataly's food 2.0 vision; a game changer for Eataly and global food culture.
The 20-acre complex is a hub connecting six million annual visitors to Italian agriculture and gastronomy: food production, education, dining, tastings, and retail, all in one eco-responsible space powered by 44,000 solar panels, said to be the largest solar property in Europe.
The numbers show the awesome scale and scope of FICO Eataly World:
EARTH AND FARMS
- 2.5 acres of fields, stables, pastures, gardens and farms, where all of Italy’s best-known crops cultivated and prime livestock breeds raised.
- 40 areas of fresh production with raw ingredients managed by the best Italian companies
- 2000 Italian companies participate in the project, sharing their crafts, innovations and passion for the food they produce.
- 97,000 square feet of retail marketplace selling iconic 'Made in Italy' seasonal food products
RESTAURANTS: a paradise for gourmands looking discover the best of Italian gastronomic biodiversity.
- 25 restaurants, including themed restaurants and street food stalls including:
- Cured meat and cheese restaurant
- Vegetable restaurant
- Regional restaurant
- Piadina bistro
- Smoothie street food stall
- Potato street food stall
- And more…
- 1,000 courses for adults per year
- 40 workshops, where visitors can learn Italian culinary skills like pasta and cheese production first-hand.
- 5,000 educational activities for schools
- 500 internships per year for aspiring young people and adults who wish to master food production, learning from on site experts
- 500 cultural events per year related to food, wine, and agriculture
FICO Eataly World is an extraordinary culinary destination. A vision come to life of a hands-on, for-the-people celebration Italy's rich culinary heritage and groundwork for its future, educating the next generation of food producers, diners and home cooks, and engaging in environmental best practices.
Definitely one of the most exciting culinary experiences for anyone planning to visit Italy.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Bologna, Italy
Let us help you plan your trip
Staying at home has not just amplified our need to travel... more
One luxury river cruise line is giving you a new way to i... more
Belmond is introducing themed rail journeys in 2023 that ... more
Atlas Ocean Voyages has announced savings on its yacht ex... more
- Where's the Only Restaurant in Alaska by a Michelin Starred Chef?
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- See the World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall at this New Airport
- The 'Road to Happiness' is Exactly the Path We Need to Travel Right Now
- Top 10 Souvenirs from a Trip to Hawaii
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel